Monday, January 25, 2010

Robery Kiyosaki - Before You Quit Your Job

I wished I knew about this book before I started my own business. It made me rethink my whole business model and pointed accurately what we have felt was lacking in our current business.

Some key learnings from the book that I found useful:
  • Difference between small business owner / self employed vs big business owner
    • I do agree that if you have to work in your business for it to continue operations, it is hard to grow it and basically, you're still working for someone; your customers. The key thing is to work on your business.
    • Plan your business model properly before you start a new business so that it can have the potential to grow to become a successful one.
  • Get some real life experience before starting a new business
    • So that you will have a better understanding of all aspects of running a business.
  • Hard work cover up poor design
    • A poorly concieved business will hold up as long as the entrepreneur works hard in it. The moment the entrepreneur stop working hard in it or stop out of sheer exhaustion, the business will fail.
  • 3 kinds of money
    • We are all born with a gift an to discover it and give your gift in business is a choice to be great.
    • Where do you earn your money from?
      • Corporative: partnership and teamwork
      • Competitive: most peple work for this kind of money
      • Spiritual: money earned when a job is done in response to a higher calliing
  • B I Triangle
    • what make up a sound business model:



I strongly recommend you read this book if you have the intention to become an entrepreneur. There'll be more details about what I touched on above and I'm sure you'll find something useful in it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment