Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Working from Home, I Like.

I read this post by a fellow Singaporean entrepreneur and was inspired to write.

Pic taken from here.

Like him, I too work from home. Unlike him, I have a separate phone line from the rest of my family. Not because of my work, but because it has been a habit of mine to have a private phone line for my own personal calls. Except that these days, it serves my fax machine line too.

Of late, I am really thankful that I work from home and that my working hours are flexible and mine to plan. The MRT trains in Singapore are getting really crowded. It frustrate me sometimes when I have to take the train even around 4pm. And I can imagine the how torturous it can be to squeeze your way home after work.

For now, making and taking phone calls on my mobile will suffice. Avoiding the dreadful traffic is one huge plus point for working from home. And I'm thankful I can choose to travel during the off peak hours and stay away during the peak.

No comments:

Post a Comment