Monday, May 17, 2010

Hard To Be Own Bosses In Hard Times?

**My pictures were removed with the removal of my previous blog. Lesson learnt that I have to saved the pics as well...**

Anyway, it was a Singapore's Straits Time article about an increase in Taiwanese starting businesses and being their own bosses during the economic meltdown in 2007.

I saw this article in Singapore' Straits Times this morning and it reminded me of when we first started our business in early 2009.

We were in the midst of the financial crisis and many questioned my rationale for wanting to start my business then.

Out of concern, they forewarned that it may be safer to leave my well paying job in a year or two instead.

It has been said that entrepreneurs are a little crazy, for they have to cast aside their fears to take on the many risks that come along with being their own bosses.


I don't think I was that crazy a year ago. Afterall, if being an entrepreneur is about taking on calculated risks, I'd face economic downturns again in my entrepreneurial journey. This may be my first, but it definitely won't be my last. It'll be a good learning lesson.

I've discussed and thought this business through before the financial meltdown and didn't think want to put this idea off until when things look better.

And looking the bright side, companies were having pay freeze, pay cut, headcount freeze, bonus freeze, extra workload for staff etc., I've got less to lose then! Also, if I were in the pits then and could survive, it'll be a easier ride up when the economy turn around. And it is. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment